Wheatbelt South Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Wheatbelt South event simply Login
Events in and around Wheatbelt South
Welcome to the exciting and fun-filled region of Wheatbelt South in Western Australia, Australia! This region is known for its breathtaking landscapes, historic towns, and exciting events that happen all year round. Whether you're a local or a visitor, there's always something to do in Wheatbelt South. Below, we'll take a closer look at some of the seasonal events that take place in the region.
In Wheatbelt South, summer is a time for celebration and soaking up the sun. Here are some of the events that happen during the summer months:
- Brookton New Year's Day Races: This event is held every year on 1 January. Enjoy a day at the races, with plenty of food, drinks, and entertainment for all to enjoy.
- York Motorcycle Festival: This event is held in late January and attracts thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts. There are plenty of competitions, displays, and live music performances to enjoy.
- Northam Swimming Pool: Cool off in the Northam Swimming Pool, which is open for the summer months. As well as the large pool, there's a toddler pool and a shaded area with BBQ facilities.
Autumn is the perfect time to enjoy the cooler weather in Wheatbelt South. Here are some of the events happening in the region during the autumn months:
- York Olive Harvest Festival: This event takes place in April and is a celebration of all things olive-related. Enjoy olive tastings, music, cooking demonstrations, and more.
- Northam Agricultural Show: This event is held at the end of April and is one of Western Australia's largest agricultural shows. There are plenty of activities for all the family, including livestock displays, rides, and food stalls.
- Ace of Spades Festival: This event is held in Northam in May and is a celebration of all things country. There are live music performances, stalls, and plenty of food and drink on offer.
Winter in Wheatbelt South is a time for warm blankets, hot cocoa, and plenty of indoor activities. Here are some of the events taking place in the region during the winter months:
- Northam Toastmasters Club: If you're looking to improve your public speaking skills, the Northam Toastmasters Club meets every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at the Toodyay Road Tavern.
- Avon Valley School of Art: The Avon Valley School of Art in Northam offers a range of art classes for all ages and skill levels, including painting and drawing, mixed media, and printmaking.
- Wheatbelt Art Prize: This exhibition takes place in Northam and showcases the best artwork created in the Wheatbelt South region. There are different categories to enter, and the winners receive cash prizes.
Spring is a time of renewal and growth in Wheatbelt South. Here are some of the events taking place in the region during the spring months:
- Toodyay Music Fest: This event is held in October and features a range of music genres, including blues, rock, and folk. The festival is family-friendly, with plenty of activities for kids to enjoy.
- York Art, Craft, and Garden Show: This event is held in late October and showcases the best of local art, craft, and gardening. There are plenty of stalls to browse, as well as food and drink available.
- Bindi Bindi Dreaming Festival: This festival is held in November and celebrates the Indigenous culture of the region. There are traditional dance performances, storytelling, and workshops to learn more about the dreamtime.
As you can see, there are plenty of fun and exciting events happening in and around Wheatbelt South all year round. Whether you're interested in art, music, or agriculture, there's something for everyone to enjoy. For more information about any of the events mentioned above, please contact the Wheatbelt South tourism board.